Saturday, July 30, 2011

Bear et al!



After a string of custom orders I found myself in a funk.I didn't want to make anything and was feeling really bummed when I thought about some difficult situations going on. Enter my daughter. She is always in the mood for me to create something for her. She begged me to make her a blanket for her Pajama kids doll and she wanted a little plushie for it as well. After I told her I didn't want to make anything(the funk kills creativity)I relented and made her a soft blankie out of the fabric of her choice and even scented the doughnut plushie I had made(it was "frosting" scented). After that, the funk went away(don't know where it went-maybe to Motown or something were it's been missing for years;o)).Feeling a renewed sense of creativity,I started to work on a plush version of my Costumed Kids dolls.The face of the dolls look like the ones I've been making for 2 years but they are wearing plush bear costumes. It's kind of whimsical and quirky but I'm happy with how it came out. After I made a brown bear costumed doll I made a Panda one and am starting on one in a pink bear costume. I have supplies for at least 2 more in different colors/themes. I'm not sure if I'll include other animal varieties..we'll see how things go. I'll be praying for the funk to stay away so I can get some work done:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment